|The membership and sectoral engagement of
LCN is clustered into 6 sector commissions based on mandates
and programmatic orientation of members. The purpose of the
Commissions is to cluster organisations with a similar
mandate together to facilitate programming and coordination.
These Commissions are:
Under the leadership of the Commissioners, who are also
members of the Board of Directors, and coordinated by the
Secretariat, the Commissions are expected to perform the
- Coordinate civil society advocacy and voice on
issues that affect them
- Facilitate exchange of information, experiences and
lessons between members
- Provide a linkage between the Secretariat and member
NGOs to for effective participation.
- Provide information and technical support to NGOs on
relevant national policies, laws and international
- Promote partnership between member NGOs and
strategic partners to influence policy change and inform
Commissions meetings are held once per month, to information
dissemination and review of Commission activities and
achievement per time. The Commission meetings are used by
member NGOs as a platform to share experiences and lessons
affecting the sector.